The Iasis Hospital General Surgery Department is fully equipped and undertakes all types of cases, regardless of severity. The department does not simply aim to surgically treat the cases at hand but also to inform the local population on diseases of a surgical nature and on ways to prevent them. The department is on call 24/7 for the treatment of acute cases, injuries, burns, and other incidents.
- Breast Pathologies (benign tumors, malignant tumors, lactiferous duct ectasias)
- Thyroid and parathyroid
- Esophagus (achalasia, diaphragmatocele)
- Abdominal (hemorrhage, puncture, ulcer, growth, pyloric stenosis)
- Small Intestine (Meckel's diverticulum, Crohn's disease, ileum, mesenterium embolism)
- Large Intestine (growths, diverticuli, Crohn's disease, ulcerous colitis, rectal protrusion, puncture, hemorrhage )
- Perianal area (hemorrhoid disease, anal fissure, incontinence, perirectal fistulas, perirectal abscess)
- Liver (growths, abscesses, echinococcus cysts)
- Biliary and gall bladder (cholelithiasis, choledocholithiasis, obstructive jaundice)
- Spleen (splenomegaly, injury)
- Abdominal wall (inguinal hernia, omphalocele, crural hernia, postoperative celiocele)
- Skin (melanoma)
- Lymph node (biopsies, axillary lymph node cleansing, groin)
Laparoscopic Surgery Department
A specialized Laparoscopy surgery Department operates in the framework of the Surgical Department to treat surgical intra-abdominal diseases with the most modern and tested method of laparoscopy, such as:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic treatment of esophageal achalasia and diaphragmatocele
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- nvestigational laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic ablation of intra-abdominal cysts and formations
The advantages presented by this method include:
- Small incisions
- Quick recovery
- Immediate patient mobilization and feeding
- Short hospitalization
- Minimization of postoperative pain and postoperative complications due mainly to pain resulting from large abdominal wall wounds noted in classical surgery operations, difficulty in movement and prolonged bed stay, such as fever, respiratory problems, bowel dysfunction, etc.
Department of Surgical Treatment of Obesity
The Hospital's Obesity Department is equipped with modern laparoscopic state of the art equipment and a special operating table. The Department's specialized medical team comprises surgeons, anesthesiologists, cardiologists and ICU specialists.
The Department performs Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic Gastric By Pass, Lap Band and Laparoscopic Intragastric Bag procedures.