The Vascular Surgery Department at IASIS Hospital provides specialised care to patients with vascular disease and covers the entire range of Vascular Surgery both in diagnosis and treatment.
The treatment of vascular diseases in the Vascular Surgery Department includes:
- Prevention of vascular diseases
- Diagnosis of vascular diseases
- Conservative treatment of vascular diseases
- Open vascular surgery (open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm, carotid endarterectomy, peripheral vascular bypass)
- Endovascular surgical repairs (endoluminal repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm, endoluminal reconstruction of thoracic aortic aneurysm and acute aortic dissection, peripheral vascular angioplasty)
- Phlebology clinic - venous diseases
- Creation of arteriovenous fistula for renal patients
- Diabetic foot
with particular emphasis on diseases such as:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Popliteal and femoral artery aneurysm
- Artery stenoses and occlusions
- Arterial embolism
- Renal artery disease
- Diabetic angiopathy
- Diabetic foot
- Arterial injury
- Buerger's disease
- Venous insufficiency- varicose veins
- Venous thrombosis
- Arterial bypass with synthetic or autologous graft
- Angioplasty (stent)
- Conventional and endoluminal repair of aneurysms
- Arterial endarterectomy
- Treatment of varicose veins and venous insufficiency with modern painless laser treatment as well as the conventional method of stripping.
- Medical treatment of obstructive vascular disease
The department is supported by the Vascular Ultrasound (Triplex) Laboratory, the 64-slice CT Scanner Laboratory, the MRI Scanner Laboratory along with the Digital Angiography Laboratory (Interventional Radiology), which contributes significantly to numerous diagnostic and therapeutic endovascular applications (vasodilation, inferior vena cava filters, etc).
The Vascular Surgery Department guarantees full and proper treatment of vascular surgery patients from all respects with the assistance, where and if necessary, of physicians and units from all specialities.