64-slice CT Scanner
A CT Scan shows the human body in cross-sections generated in the processing of X-rays with the help of sophisticated electronic systems.
The multislice 64-slice CT scan is the latest evolution worldwide, which impressively reduces the duration of the examination and also achieves the imaging of almost all anatomical structures in the human body. The CT Scan Unit at IASIS, constantly seeking to offer optimum imaging services, has been equipped with the most modern 64-slice CT scanner Somatom Sensation 64 by Siemens. The new CT scanner:
At clinical level
- employs the modern technique of spiral volumetric scanning that allows the completion of a chest or abdomen examination in just 30 seconds
- enables three-dimensional (3D) imaging of organs and blood vessels thus providing additional diagnostic information
- in addition to the standard CT scan examinations, it can perform specialised examinations such as:
• Heart CT Scan/ CT Coronary Angiogram
At patient level
In order to provide special care for our patients, IASIS Hospital:
- uses the innovative C.A.R.E. Dose 4D programme that sets the dose of radiation in real time, depending on the absorption of the patient's tissues, with the aim of reducing the dose of radiation he receives
- achieves a reduction in the duration of CT scans while it provides optimal image resolution.