The MRI Laboratory at IASIS Hospital is equipped with one of the most modern, 1.5T MRI systems by Siemens.
The major advantage of MRI is the use of magnetic waves rather than radiation to provide three-dimensional imaging of the human body at clinical level. The method is also used without any side effects in cases of pregnancy, on infants and patients of childbearing age.
The Iasis MRI Laboratory performs all routine MRI tests, as well as highly demanding examinations, with accuracy and reliability. In addition to the standard MRI examinations, patients are offered specialised diagnostic methods such as:
- Whole-body angiography and whole-body investigations for any metastases
- MR Angiography to check brain, cervical and other vessels in most areas of the body with or without the use of contrast medium.
- ΜR Cholangiography
- MR Urography to check the urinary system
- MR Myelography for additional information about the condition of the spine and spinal cord
- Diffusion and Perfusion Techniques for early diagnosis of stroke, identifying and estimating the extent of brain damage.
- MR Mammography, a method of investigating the breast, complementary to conventional imaging methods.
The MRI Scanner at IASIS provides additional benefits to patients such as:
- the advanced iPAT technique that reduces data acquisition time up to 50% and ultimately the duration of the examination
- a friendly environment with large internal diameter, eliminating any problems of claustrophobia
- easy access for the elderly and paraplegic patients as the examination table can be lowered for their convenience.